Monday, October 26, 2015

Luna and the Pineapple Guava

There are two canine "helpers" in our garden-- Trixie and Luna, the Eskies (short for "American eskimo dogs").

Sometimes I refuse their help (by leaving them inside), because they can have a tendency to want to get right in my face, if I'm kneeling, and I don't really need them crushing tender plants as I weed.  Also, they can't be trusted to stay in the yard (or at least we're not convinced they can), so if I'm doing work that requires frequent coming and going through the gate, it's easier to leave the gate open and dogs indoors.  Oh, and then there's the fact that they think the water hose is a very exciting dog toy and dash in front of the spray when I'm trying to water plants (heedless of all obstacles, including the plants themselves).  But when allowed, they do enjoy keeping us company outside!

The last time I was taking photos outside, Luna was out with us.  Donald noticed that she'd found a fallen pineapple guava, and (knowing from experience how she likes to play with them) alerted me, so I snapped some pictures of her crazy antics.

She likes to bite the pineapple guava gently and toss it in the air (or on the ground)...

Luna

Roll around with it in her mouth...

Luna

...Or underneath her, or maybe just in front of her face (where she can keep an eye on it)...

Luna

Wiggle, wiggle, squirm, and pounce!

Luna

It's good fun!

Luna

Luna

(Though maybe a little tiring.)

Luna

Mmm... Sour pineapple guava!

Luna

What a silly dog!