Friday, June 10, 2016

Daylilies

The daylilies may have peaked.  There are still a number of them flowering on any given day, but it feels like fewer "new" plants are blooming.  Now I'm watching to see how long some of these continue to flower-- and whether or not they'll rebloom.  Also, there may be some new bloomers that haven't begun yet...

Daylily

I'm not sure when daylily season is more or less over (apart from the rebloomers) here in the Deep South.  The past couple of years, I think ours were mostly done by July, with the exception of rebloomers and one or two late-season bloomers, but I may be mistaken.  Of course, this year there may be more later bloomers, since there are some that are in their first flowering year...

Daylily

Daylily

Daylily


Daylily


Daylily


Daylily


Daylily


'Kwanso':

Daylily

Daylily

Daylily


This is another that's new this year.  It's a funny coincidence that I happened to plant it (not knowing how the flower would look) right next to a similarly "spidery" daylily-- especially considering that I don't really have many other spidery daylilies (that I know of).

Daylily

This one's new, too.  It's not a daylily that I would have been likely to hand-pick from a catalogue or nursery, but it's a nice addition to the flowerbed.  It's growing on me.

Daylily

There's a double pale apricot daylily that I haven't managed to get a good photo of, partly because of its crowded location.  When autumn rolls around, I want to remember to move it somewhere else.  There are probably a number of daylily shufflings/relocations that I "should" do, but it's doubtful I'll remember or bother, this year.